Monday, May 06, 2013

Le Beauty Diaries: Etude House CC Cream in Silky


Etude House CC Cream in Silky







01 Silky

My first CC Cream was actually Rachel K CC Cream which I got from Singapore last 2011 and I just adored it so much that I tried to use it sparingly since I don't want to finish the tube right away. I also think it was one of the first CC Cream to ever hit the market. Now, CC Creams are on every makeup base junkie's wishlist. From Chanel to the popular Korean Makeup brands that we know, they have come up with their own versions.



Rachel K CC Cream

CC Creams or Color Control/Correct & Care/Complete Care Creams are quite different from your regular BB Creams since they tried to make it more beneficial to the skin like they put a higher Sun Protection level or etc. Also, their coverage is less heavy than the BB Creams. It is more of a primer or base that you apply before a foundation or a BB Cream. It gives your skin that dewy, healthy glow or silky and matte finish depending on what CC Cream you're using.

Etude House CC Cream in 01 Silky



It was hard deciding which brand to get but after a few minutes of deliberation with myself, I chose the Etude House CC Cream since I already am fond of Etude House products. I got my Etude House CC Cream from Kkochi Pida for Php 585. It comes in a tube form with 1.23 oz. or 35 g and it claims to be an 8 in 1 Multi-Function CC Cream:

  • SPF 30/PA ++
  • Anti-aging
  • Stress Relief
  • Hydration
  • Whitening
  • Tone-up
  • Smooth Texture
  • Luminosity    

It also says that "this multitasking, 8-in-1 formula hydrates, primes, conceals, treats, and protects skin at an easy single step for a healthier complexion, inside and outside. It glides on with a silky smooth finish."

The Etude House CC Creams comes in 2 variants, Silky and Glow. The Silky variant is for a smooth, matte finish while the Glow variant is for a dewy, luminous finish. I got the the Silky variant since my skin type is oily to combination.

Etude House CC Cream in 01 Silky Swatch

After blending


After 3-5 minutes

So the Etude House CC Cream comes off the tube white and when you blend it, it blends with a white cast but after a few minutes it will adapt to the color of the skin and gives out a healthy glow. It smells good too.

The coverage is sheer and light and its great to apply before your BB Cream or foundation. I really don't suggest it to be used alone unless you have an immaculate skin since the coverage is not buildable like the other CC Creams.

I actually really like it. I used it last Saturday for the wedding of a friend of my fiance, Jet, and just loved it. I used it along with my Fairydrops BB Cream and I totally adore the result. My makeup lasted longer. My skin wasn't oily at all despite the scorching heat. I need not retouch or powder and my skin looked healthy and radiant. 

The only con that I can give is that you should take time to blend it properly because it does come out white.

Also, a little goes a long way so don't use too much. 

On my face: Etude House CC Cream with Fairydrops BB Cream

I would love to try other CC Creams brands and compare them but so far I'm liking this. Also, I think I want a new Rachel CC Cream. Its super love! I both recommend them!


So, have you joined the CC Cream bandwagon? Share your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Nice review! Can't wait to try it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Monica! Yes, try it soon! Its love! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh! I would love yo try this product soon. I am a teenager with decent skin that only needs a bit of evening out and this looks perfect! I also have combination skin so the silky one would probably be best! Thanks so much for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jeisel,

    Great review! The Etude House CC Cream complemented your beautiful skin!

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete